Tuesday, February 3, 2009

not very well cut out for this

i have been feeling lately like i'm not a very good mom.  my mother and sister have been telling me this for years, so it was eventually bound to sink in, sooner or later... 

    my patience is a short leash at best, my interest is better described as disinterest, i'm a terrible cook and this house is always a mess, i'm still terribly selfish and absorbed in my own life, i'm distracted, and i don't like to share ..


i hate self-help books, but maybe i should pick up something on parenting... or if there's a class out there.  it's not like they make you pass a test before you can pro-create (although, i would be a LOUDLY vocal advocate for this), and i'm not good at it...   so how do you learn to be good at it if it isn't something that comes naturally to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment